Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Walk In La Rambla

I took a walk from Plaza de la Universidad, down to La Rambla. The weather was incredibly warm, and I was scandalously overdressed in my t-shirt and jeans. It seems standard accross-the-board summer guy-wear in Barcelona consists of swimsuit, tank top, and flip-flops. Soo many toes.

La Rambla was packed with tourits buying t-shirts and watching street performers pretend to be human statues. Though the performers costumes were imaginative (their getting a permit from the city is contingent on their creativity), I just don't see the attraction. I mean, they just stand there. If I'm giving someone money, I at least want to see some tap dancing. Or have them make ballon animals. Preferably monkeys.

The avenue is also full of shops, souvenir stands, and lots of little bars selling really expensive tapas and beer and frozen paella. And ice cream. After I sampled some, just to compare with previous ice creams, I headed back to my hostel to find a place for dinner.

McGruff Watch: A couple of policemen running down an alley while putting rubber glves on. Eeek!

No comments: