Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dirty Hippies

In the morning, armed with pastries, I set off to Montserrat. I took the metro to the train station and then settled in my berth for a good hour's ride to the mountain monastery.

I sat across a very nice, older lady and we chatted for a while and compared tickets. She was taking the tram up the mountain, while I had a funicular ticket. She was all "good luck. Hope you don't fall. Hee hee". "Hee hee" my ass.

Anyway, everything was mellow and people were starting to doze
off when all of a sudden, a hippie chick at the front of the car got up, stood in the aisle, and started doing stretches. Or maybe it was yoga because eventually she laid on the floor and all one could see was a leg periodically come up. Sometimes her butt. It was all very disturbing. Even her dreadlocked companions seemed embarrased and my lady companion kept "tut tut"ing.
I kept hoping she was german, but I have a feeling she was from the US.

No comments: