Saturday, August 9, 2008

More Versailles...and Still Falling Asleep

Don and I had packed food, so we went to get our backpacks and met everyone else at the gardens.

The garden's are huge. They just go on forever, with canals, mini gardens, waterways and complicated fountains. There are also a few other smaller palaces sprinkled throughout the grounds. And by small I mean really big.

Before we started trekking to the Trianons and Marie Antoinette's play farm, we stopped at some benches to eat. I fell asleep as soon as I sat down, but then Gina shook me awake. I blame it on a bad reaction between the Dramamine and the heat. I crankily said thanks, but that I wasn't asleep, and then started to prepare my food.

This turned out to be annoying as the St. Marcelin cheese I had brought with me had melted and I had to pretty much pour it on my baguette. It was really gross looking, but I ate a good amount, followed by a pack of cookies. I was hoping the sugar rush would jolt me awake. But nope. Stupid cookies let me down.

Since I was still falling asleep, I went to the little restaurant down the lane and got a strawberry and vanilla soft serve ice cream. It helped wake me up and prepare me for the miles we wereabout to walk.




No comments: