Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gaudeamus

Sunny is leaving a little earlier than the rest of us, since she has to go back and teach a class next week. So we decided to sign-out at the nuns, go out for a nice dinner and then visit the Eiffel Tower.

We decided to go to Gaudeamus, a little restaurant Don and I had found on Bastille Day behind the church of St. Genevieve Etienne.

On that occassion, we had just stopped for coffee, but it was a really cute place with friendly service, good prices, interesting menu, and wandering accordionists playing outside.

The had also served me this amazing "cafe viennoise" that consits of probably two teaspoons of coffee while the rest of the cup is filled with delicious delicious whipped cream! You have to figure that the rest of the food has to be good also. (Hey, it's perfectly valid criteria).

We sat at a nice outside table which was a little bit on an incline, but once I reassured myself I wasn't going to fall backwards it was totally fine. I started of with a kir, Don had a pastis, and Sunny and Gina opted for a bottle of wine.
The food was basic and delicious. I had a bavette with bernaise sauce, but I used this incredible mustard that was on the table instead of the sauce. Both my appetizer and dessert had fromage blanc, and were delicious. It's an adaptable little fromage that one.

Dinner kind of went pleasantly slow streched, and we were tricked by the fact that it was still light out at 9:45pm, so after we noticed the time, we asked for the check and rushed out (well, really we meandered) to catch the metro to the Eiffel Tower.

No comments: