Friday, August 15, 2008

Hanging out with Chau

That night I met up with Chau, one of the only other remaining program people left (other than weird Pat). I hadn't hung out with her that much before, but Meredith mentioned that she was staying some extra days so we got in touch. It was a lot of fun.

Chau
is a teacher in San Jose and has been staying with her cousin close to the Gobelins Metro Station. And that's where we met. From there, we went to her favorite area, Rue Mouffetard, which is filled with bars, restaurants, little shops, a very busy central square, and all open very late.

We settled at her bar of choice, K-
Banito, and, thankfully, had some virgin drinks, including a very dangerous pina colada. The drink was delicious, but came garnished with the whole dried top of a pineapple. It looked cool, but when I went to have my fist sip, I almost poked my eye out. Thank God for my glasses or I'd be wearing an eyepatch right now.

We ended the
evening with some awesome hot chocolate and a good gossip trade-off. Since Chau hung out with mostly people from the Conde dorm, I told her all about Rachel and Starbucks, Martha Dumptruck, and Courtney. In return, she told me about the teacher who was trying to put the moves on Ben, which two people with significant others slept together, and how Pat thought she was Don's wife.

We also traded
info on Gregoire, and the fact that Paul only spent $96E the whole month, which is freaking amazing. We probably spent that much that night. Maybe he was trying to save money on soap by not showering.

No comments: