Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vamos A La Playa

Ewww...feet! Yes, gross, but they're my feet at the beach so I'll make an exception.

After a long morning and early afternoon of Gaudi, it was time to get a little color, so I headed to Platja de la Mar Bella. The weather was beautiful, the beach was beautiful, and the water was beautiful. Only bad thing was that I couldn't go into the water as that would entail leaving my stuff unnatended.

Last thing I wanted was to have to walk back to the hostel barefoot and in a speedo, so I just enjoyed the sun and tried to avoid making eye contact with the many asian women walking around offering massages.

The really great thing about the beach was that people kept arriving late into the afternoon and early evening. It seemed that as soon as work was over, people got together with their friends or picked up their kids and headed down. And not just to have bonfires and stuff, but with coolers and beer and wearing their swimsuits. It was just that warm.

At around 7pm, I headed back to take a nap and get ready for dinner.

No comments: