Friday, August 8, 2008

Amorino Break

So...Amorino is Berthillion's main rival for frozen dessert supremacy in the Paris. Shall we say, and Italian pretender to the french throne, since Amorino is strictly gelato to B's ice cream.

Some really good things about Amorino:

* They stay open all through August, while B is closed for almost the whole month. (They re-open on the 25th, big fat deal of good that does me, since I'll be gone already). And though the flavor selection is more limited, they taste amazing. I especially like the mango (seen here at right with some pomelo roso).

* You can pick as many flavors as you want for your cone and they'll sculpt the gelato into the shape of a rose. Awww...So cute! And then you eat it.

* They have locations in strategic places around town making it almost impossible to not be able to have one at a moment's whim.

So between Berthillion and Amorino? Call me Switzerland. I like them both. And like the girl says in "It's A Wonderful Life", what's wrong with that?

Some random shots of ice cream enjoyment:









And a weirdly shaped ice cream picture Gina insisted I include. Ummm...Not sure why.

No comments: