Friday, August 22, 2008

Sneaking In

It was 6:30 by the time I started heading back to the dorm. I was tired, but energized by the coming morning (and the three cups of expresso I had at Ignacio's) . The streets were very still, and empty except for the vendors setting up their market stalls and some drowsy waiters preparing for breakfast at the all-night cafes.

I was very quiet going into the dorm, as I was dreading running into a nun. Last time I came in so late I said I had gone for an early, early morning walk, but it's not like I could use that one again, especially with the same nun. And I had already used the "Oh, I'm just heading out right now" and just turned around and walked back out the door. Not that it would be a big deal, but it just seems so delinquent to come in at 7am from a night out, while a nun had to get up at dawn to start fixing my breakfast.

Unfortunately, I did run into a nun. So I just waved and ran up the stairs. It was one of the old ones, so I'm hoping she couldn't see me clearly and would maybe confuse me for a japanese.

No comments: