Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Baguette

So Gina came by this morning totally sick, She thinks she has a virus and decided to rest most of the day. Don wasn't anywhere to be seen, so we thought he pulled a "paul" on us and snuck out on his last day to skateboard.

It was really quiet, so I went jogging in the Luxembourgs Gardens which is always an awesome experience. Afterwards, I was ready for lunch. Since I had some cheese and sardines at the dorm, I bought a baguette instead of a sandwich for my lunch. And they just gave it to me with a little piece of paper to carry. Though I was a little concerned about the hygene issue, I felt really french. Sadly I wasn't wearing a stripey shirt or a beret, but I did start talking in that fake "frenchie" accent.

A little bit after lunch, Gina came down to ask if I would go with her to the pharmacy, but when Sister MJ found out about her illness, she sent us to the clinic. After a ten-step walk into the courtyard next door, I left Gina in the capable and english-speaking.

Later, right before dinner, Don appeared. He had been sick all day and in his room. They figured they got food poisoning from the smoked salmon they for appetizer yesterday (and that I missed because I was late. Who knew that would pay off one day?).

So it was totally sucked that Don was sick on his last day. Gina has an extra one at least.

No comments: