Friday, July 11, 2008

Sadaharu Aoki

On Michael's recommendation, I paid a visit to Sadaharu Aoki after lunch.

Sadaharu Aoki is a French patisserie run by a chef from Tokyo, so there's a definite japanese influence both in aesthetic and flavoring. There's great care taken in the decoration, a lot of the pastries have tiny macaroons as accents, and green tea matcha is used liberally in many of the otherwise tradional french pastries.

After much painful deliberation, and after stopping myself from ordering one of everything, I had a hazelnut and chocolate creme napoleon with a little dark chocolate macaroon. Gina had a strawberry bombe with green tea and strawberry compote filling and miniscule
strawberry macaroons. They were both delicious. Merci and arigato.

The only bad thing: the bakery is about a block away from my dorm on Rue Vaugirard, and just accross the street from the Institute Catholique, which makes it very tempting to take a walk there during break, or after class, or before class, etc.

I'm beginning to be very glad I'm in a 4th floor walk-up.

No comments: