Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Get Me to Thee Nunnery

So my dorm is on the Rue de Vaugirard close to the Luxembourg Gradens in the 6th. It is definitely run by nuns, as it was Mother Superior Soeur Marie-Jean who answered the door and gaveme my room assignment.

The room is on the fourth floor of a five floor walk-up, and for once I was glad I only packed what I did. Whew! The room, however, is adorable. Little desk, fireplace with mirror, wardrobe, credenza, and a hidden closet.

As far as facilities, I have a sink in my room, but the toilet is at the end of the hall. Showers are another story.

It's a little like a sorority house at the Dorm of the Saint Famille. There are only two other guys in the house other than me, so it feels a little like "Bossom Buddies", with girls running around in towels and having toenail painting parties (it's true, I saw one on my floor). Anyway, we have an assigned "douche de garcon", in a room on the third floor. So we have to get the key, shower, and make sure we put it back so the next guy can use it. Should be interesting in the mornings. But overall, the place is totally cute and the nuns are nice.

More about nun dinners later, but tonight we had: Pineapple rounds with sour cream, bread, green salad, roasted chicken, chicken cordon bleu, rice with red peppers, a cheese course, and ice cream.

No comments: