Wednesday, July 30, 2008

...And On the Way Home...

After a lovely falafel meal by the Seine, I walked Juli back to the hotel to pick up her bags and then to the metro. Awww, it was really nice to see her.

After I dropped her off, I got a call from Gina. She and Sunny had just gotten out of mass at St. Severin and they were going to have dinner at a place called Bistro 30, would I like to join them? But of course, I'd be delighted to (or alternately,"food?...ummm...yeah!").

As I was reaching the Hotel de Ville plaza to go to Rue St. Severin, I had another one of those moments that make you stop and catch your breath. They were having an outdoor concert at the Hotel and a vocal choir had just started singing a truly beautiful rendition of "Song of Joy". It was just wonderful. If I smoked I would have lit up a cigarette (or something).

I met up with Sunny and Gina, and had a great time at dinner. Purely because of the conversation, as the food was slightly sub-par. However, writing about dinner gives me the necessary excuse to post pictures of the giant bottle of ketchup that Gina got for her fries and of the only good thing I ate: a delicious appetizer of escargot.

No comments: