Friday, July 4, 2008

On the Bus

After class, I had moment. Tien-Chieh asked what I was doing this afternoon and if I wanted to hang out. So we set off on the bus, through the Pont Royal and into the courtyard of the Louvre's Palais Royal. And there I was, on a bus, speaking french-ish and looking out the window at the I.M. Pei pyramid. And it was very cool.

We ended up having cold soba noodles and some very french Starbuck's. Tien-Chieh is from Taiwan and is studying Interior Architecture at the Beux Arts starting in September. His dad is film director in Taiwan so we had a very good conversation about movies, the French, The Russian spy girl from class (who we just noticed has different-colored eyes), and art schools.

Then we walked up the Rue de la Paix, past the Opera de Paris Garnier, to H&M, where I realized my french must be getting better as I managed to get into an argument in the dressing room line with some guy who was trying to cut. Don't mess with me on the 4th of July!

No comments: