Thursday, July 3, 2008

And What Else Is Going On?

In the afternoon, I ran some errands and then met the rest of the group for a cultural tour of St. Germain de Pres.

Madame Dominique was a charming guide, but it was still boring, so Gina and I skipped out the back stairs of the theater we were visiting and walked up St. Michel to the Seine. We flanneured around and took some pictures and then went for a drink at the Pub St. Germain, which was horrendously expensive for what we got: Gina a very slushy and sweet Mojito, and a filled-to-the-brim-with-Cassis Kir for me. But it was still fun (be on the lookout for a post about soap).

Then we walked around the Luxembourg Gardens, stopped by Monop...to buy snacks (including the fore mentioned cutest snack ever!), and headed back to the dorm for nun dinner. Today's menu: grapefruit, meatloaf nuggets wrapped in bacon, green salad, french/American/freedom fries, brie cheese course, and semolina pudding.

Later on, I took a walk to Monoprix to buy some nun-friendly-lenght pajama shorts and school supplies. I love my new Trapper Keeper!

No comments: