Sunday, July 6, 2008

Marais Gardens

The Marais is full of little restaurants and shops and it's a half Jewish, half gay neighborhood. We looked around a few shops, since all the stores have sales in July. But since I'm trying to be good and I am, as they say, between jobs, I only bought some Mariage Freres Marco Polo tea, and that was purely because I ordered some online two months ago for chunk before I knew I was coming to Paris and it's so much less expensive here. Stupid shipping and handling.

From there, Patrice showed me a couple of hidden gardens in the area. One being in the back of the Swedish Museum and the other behind a toilet showroom that's housed in an old mansion (but don't tell anyone). They were really pretty and surprisingly quiet considering we were in the middle of a very busy neighborhood. And from there...
first is the Swedish Museum Gardenand second is the toilet mansion garden. But it smells like roses.

No comments: