Friday, July 4, 2008

The Ideal Woman

Everyone in my program went to Brittany today, but since I had plans for the weekend, I stayed behind. Gina was bummed she was probably gonna have to sit next to the professor from LA with the horrible french accent for the six hour drive. So I told her to get to the bus early and grab Sunnyor Don. And to bring a sleeping pill just in case.

Anyway, class today was all about and family. Our first in-class assignment was to write a group essay on "My Ideal Woman". My team consisted of Vachik, Chamek (new guy in classs from Poland), and myself (for this entry I'll be Charlok, just to match).

It all started well enough until Vachik got a little weird and started to monopolize the essay, with our only contributions allowed being my "long legs" and Chamek's "she has eyes" (they were supposed to be blue). The result, in french, was:

"Vashik's Ideal Woman": She has any color hair, any color eyes, any weight, any height (but with long legs), has to be nice to her boyfriend, and has to like movies and culture. Hot! Did I mention Vashik is a theology student who lives in a seminary?

The three religious women in class found the essay very offensive, primarily because we mentioned nothing about the ideal woman cooking well and having lots of children. Yeah, they didn't mind when another group described the ideal man as being "a dangerous bad boy".

After class, the institute had a little welcome get-together for the summer students (that's Chamek, Vashik, And I, in Team Ideal Woman Stripes, in the picture). It looked like a guest list was made up from the cast of "It's A Small World", with a few monks thrown in.

No comments: