Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Huge Little Palace

On Thursday, our cultural activity was visiting the Petit Palais, which houses the Paris Museum of Fine Arts. A few of us decided to skip the lecture, but still wanted to take advantage of our free entry, so we walked over the Siene, across the Tuilerie Gardens, and through some military encampments to the museum.

(Oh, and gypsies tried to grift me two times on the bridges with some trick involving a gold ring! It was probably because I was wearing shorts and my shoes are really, really white.)

Since we were a few minutes late and Professor Blair is a tyrant when it comes to punctuality, we missed our group's entrance. So I got to use my french to explain to the guard that we were with a school group and could he please let us in. It helped that they were close by and I got to point at them repeatedly, but still, good for me.

Inside, we joined the lecture, but as usual, it was kind of boring so we sneaked away to look at the collection at our leisure. The place is beautiful and not "petit" at all, and it has a beatiful garden in the middle. The collection is pretty awesome with works by Delacroix and Ingres, and some beautiful statues. After we did our rounds, we took off to look for ice cream.

Look! It's a monkey on a leash

No comments: