Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Patrice's Apartment

I went to meet Patrice for dinner and he invited me up to his apartment first for a drink. He gave me the door code and I got in okay, but that's as far as I got. The inside was really three buildings connected by little metal bridges. Patrice came down and we climbed up six flights of stairs and accross two of the little bridges to his apartment.

The building is a refurbished 16th century structure, and the stairs and beams in Patrice's apartment are made up of the original 400-so year-old wood. He also has a rooftop deck, which he warned me was small.
Small it was, but with a view of the neighboring rooftops, the Louvre, the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Pompideu Center, and in the distance, Sacre Coeur Church. With a glass of champagne, and that view, who cares about small.


After, we went to the Les Marronners in the Marais for dinner, and it was a great place for people watching. I had salmon tartare and a baba-au-rum for dinner, ordered by me, in french that fooled no one.

No comments: