Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Later That Night...

Diego had mentioned that Qing was working in London this week and might be coming to Paris for the weekend, so when I got his text I made plans to meet him in the Marais so we could go to dinner. (While I was waiting I saw Patrice walk by. It was weird thinking I'd only been here three weeks and I was recognizing people in the street).

We picked up Juli from her hotel and ended up at Les Philosophes for dinner. It was really muggy out and we got to the restaurant in time to grab an outside table and enjoy a nice leasurely dinner of steak tartare and tomato tatin.

Juli had walked all the way to her hotel from Montmartre, so she decided to call it a night and headed home to relax. Qing and I went to a couple of bars and then ended up in line for Les Bain Douches with some obnoxious nightclub-rag publisher who kept saying how much it sucked inside. I hate waiting in lines, so everytime he complained I asked him why we were there if it sucked so much oh mighty nightclub entrepreneur. He just kept doing the vague french "ehmmm".

The line went quickly however, and the music was pretty okay, though it was really hot in there for something named after a shower. I was there for a couple of hours and then took off after I leaned into a wall and got some chewing gum stuck on my red jeans. Tres gross! The walk home, however, was lovely. The weather was warm, the streets were empty, and the river looked amazing.

No comments: