Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pete and The Pirates at the Plage

And of course, Paris Plage couldn't be resisted, especially by the Japanese. So during dinner, one of the older Japanese gentlemen came by our table and invited Raymond and I to join him for one of the free concerts that evening.

After checking the schedule and ascertaining that a good group was playing, we walked downstairs, wine and snacks in hand, to meet the group. It was Mister Older Gentleman, Older Lady with Hat, Mikiko, Raymond and I, as it seemed the rest of the group got to drinking very quickly after dinner and were now too groggy to go anywhere.

After a very rushed trip on the subway, with us running after a surprisingly spry Mr. OG, we made it to the Seine, and found a nice place to settle. I'm always impressed by the japanese foresight, as as soon as we opened the wine, a blanket came out, little Hello Kitty cups appeared, and little plates were passed around for the rice cracker and cofee cake snacks. All I had was some plastic cups that Don left for me in case I went to a picnic. And my wine and gummi coke bottles were rejected as appropriate. But whatever, more gummi for me.

As soon as Pete and the Pirates started playing, we kinda disbanded. Mr. OG ran into the crowd to go bounce with the out-of-rhythm frenchies, Mikiko and Hat thought it was too loud and left. Raymond said he prefered classical, but was a trooper and stayed with me 'til the end. I think mostly because I said we should stop for ice cream on the way back home. lol

Pete and the Pirates were really good, almost better than on CD. But since all their songs are about 2 minute slong, they were done relatively quickly. So we stopped for ice cream and then, once home and in a fit of inspiration (or restlessness) I bought a ticket to London for the next morning. And thus my third night with no sleep.

No comments: