Thursday, September 25, 2008

...I Emerged In London Rain


We arrived in London at at the St. Pancras/King's Cross station at around 9am. I washed my face, joined the tourist throng and headed to the exit. My plan was to head to the river,walk around, visit the Tate Modern, and maybe grab some lunch until Juli was done with her afternoon plans. Luckily it seemed like it had just stopped raining, and the air was nice and cool

Once outside, feeling very Pet shop Boys-ish, I started randomly walking to the left, thinking that I would just evetually run into the Thames (or at least a sign with an arrow). After a little while, I made another left, walked down a cute cobblestone road and sat in a little park to eat my sandwich. I also got a call from John, Emmanuelle's friend, and we agreed to meet at 2pm at Piccadilly Circus for lunch.

Then I walked through a church carnival, down another lane, and somehow ended back at the station (which by the way, was a totally cool building, but not enough to come back to it so soon).

Admitting to myself that I am no boy scout, I went into Boots and bought a pocket map (along with some chocolate and jelly babies) and headed back out on my way.

By this time it had somehow warmed up quite a bit, so I threw my sweater into the bag and headed to that river I'd seen so much of at the end of Benny Hill shows.


No comments: